200 Hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
RYT® 200 Yoga Alliance Certificate Program
Course Instructors: Marla Ericksen – Director & Primary Teacher
Guest Teachers & Peer Mentors TBA
|Fall Programs Coming Soon|
Welcome to Empower ME Yoga Teacher Training Academy
This program is a Hatha Yoga Certification that meets and exceeds the requirements for registration with Yoga Alliance as an RYT® 200. Your primary teacher for this transformative experience will be acclaimed yogini and award-winning fitness professional Marla Ericksen. This training is appropriate for aspiring teachers as well as dedicated students who are interested in studying for personal empowerment or to deepen their practice and understanding of Yoga.
This interdisciplinary approach to in-depth study encourages living the yogic path authentically while deepening your understanding and experience of the broader perspective of Yoga over an extended period of time. Candidates will come to realize the transformative nature of Yoga and develop the skills to share the practice as teacher if they so choose. Many people engage in this course of study for self-development, evolution and growth. This course will emphasize the contemplative, energetic and physical aspects of Yoga. Hatha yoga (all levels) will be the primary form of Yoga explored. Candidates will also have introductory training and exposure to Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga and Yoga for Fitness.
This foundational 200–hour program is ideal for serious students of yoga and aspiring teachers. It is recognized by Yoga Alliance and comprises three areas of study: The Theory and Practice of Yoga, Yoga Philosophy and The Art of Teaching.
Students who complete this 200-hour teacher-training program will:
- Deepen their practice and understanding of yoga
- Know how to structure and create a cohesive, well-rounded class
- Acquire an understanding of yoga philosophy
- Build relationships with highly experienced yoga teachers
- Become a member of a learning community that includes world-renowned teachers
- Have the confidence and tools to begin teaching yoga
- Qualifies students to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level
Deatils coming soon.
- Training manual and other course resources (various print & web-based learning tools)
- All training hours (weekend intensives / Wednesday evenings / Inward Escape)
- Peer-based practicum development and support
- Independent study curriculum
- 10 Class Pass at Empower ME Yoga
- 200-hour students receive incentive pricing and alumni rates on class packages post-graduation
Certificate of Completion Requirements
- Attendance and full participation at all scheduled training sessions (Missed time will be assessed by Marla as needed. Making up missed time will be subject to additional fees)
- Satisfactory completion of teaching practicums
- Completion of all assignments, peer work, quizzes, final exam/essay
- Full payment of tuition fees
(*Registration and credentialing with Yoga Alliance is the responsibility of the candidate)
To ensure an optimal learning experience, we limit registration for this program to 15 candidates. For more detailed information regarding the training, to apply for the program or to discuss your intention to register for the teacher training program, please contact Marla Directly by e-mail: email@example.com.
Techniques Training & Practice
Includes asana, pranayama, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. These required hours include both analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques and guided practice of the techniques themselves.
Includes principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning and business aspects of teaching yoga.
Anatomy & Physiology
Includes physical anatomy and physiology as well as subtle energy anatomy and physiology. Both theory and practical application of energetic principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc) will be covered.
Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
Includes the study of yoga philosophies, yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers.
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching and hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.